In this week’s episode of The Dad Central Show, we had the pleasure of sitting down with the insightful and passionate Valerie Tih. As a former kindergarten teacher and English educator, parent of two and current Parenting Coach certified in the Enneagram, Valerie shared valuable insights on positive parenting, finding joy in the midst of challenges, and the evolving roles of fathers in modern parenting.
Here are some highlights from the episode:
- Valerie Tih’s emphasis on the importance of dads finding a balance in their parenting roles, building strong relationships with their children, and influencing their values and behavior, rather than relying solely on strict rules.
- The impact of the pandemic on families, leading to mental health struggles and breakdowns within households. Valerie shares personalized tools to transform blind spots into helpful ways of parenting amidst these challenges.
- Introduction to the ancient Greek Enneagram personality typing system, used to identify blind spots and biases to become more responsive and loving parents.
- Valerie’s personal story about her son’s mistake, and how it taught her the importance of trust and support in parenting, as well as addressing masculinity and understanding individual lenses.
From navigating the complexities of parenting during the pandemic to embracing a more collaborative approach with moms, this conversation offers a wealth of wisdom for dads looking to strengthen their relationships with their children. Get ready for an engaging discussion that celebrates the evolving landscape of modern fatherhood and offers practical tools for parents to thrive.
Valerie has also generously offered the following specifically for listeners of The Dad Central Show:
- FREE Download for Dads: 4 WAYS for you to help your child flourish with Positive Discipline: https://mailchi.mp/70120a1c9693/dadshow
- Enneagram Discovery Package: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/enneagram-discover-package-tickets-644373918737?aff=oddtdtcreator
20% off Code = DADSHOW
- Enneagram Unplugged Course: https://joyfullcoaching.ca/the-enneagram-unplugged-course/
20% off Code = DADSHOW
About Valerie Tih:
Valerie transforms outdated parenting paradigms into research-based Positive Discipline frameworks based on the latest brain science, the Enneagram, and best practices. She has over 25 years of experience as a speaker, presenter and facilitator of retreats and educational workshops. She is a trained art therapist and a certified teacher. She’s a certified “Happiness Coach” (a program taught by Dr. Robert Holden as seen on Oprah), and is a Riso-Hudson/Enneagram Institute certified Enneagram Coach with Honours standing. She’s also accredited through the International Enneagram Association and presented her talk Ignite Your Inner Essence Parent: Move from reactive to responsive parenting at this year’s Global Enneagram Conference. Valerie and her husband have two boys, aged 14 and 10 and her youngest son has Down syndrome. She enjoys advocating for people with disabilities and is passionate about building community, spreading kindness, and choosing joy.
Links for Valerie:
- Website: https://joyfullcoaching.ca/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joyfullcoaching/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JoyfullCoaching
- Linked In: https://www.linkedin.com/in/valerietih/
Listen to The Dad Central Show on:
About The Dad Central Show:
Dads love to see their kids grow into confident and successful adults. The problem is most dads feel unsure how to get there and have nowhere to turn for help.
The Dad Central Show coaches you to be your best, while bringing out the best in your family.
Links for Dad Central:
- Website: https://dadcentral.ca
- The Dad Central Show: https://dadcentral.ca/podcast/
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/dadcentral
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs2HyxB9nOLxyHvBMSo4TQQ
Contact us at [email protected]
The Dad Central Show is sponsored by Dove Men+Care. Dove Men+Care believes care is the best of a man, because when men care for themselves and others, there is a positive impact.
Two more great ways Dad Central helps:
FREE FATHERHOOD FUNDAMENTALS EMAIL COURSE: Learn how to lead your family effectively, master time management to balance your responsibilities, and maintain a positive outlook. Enroll now: https://dadcentral.ca/fatherhood-fundamentals/
DADMENTOR MEMBERSHIP: DadMentor is the ultimate solution tailored to address the challenges dads commonly face. Join now and get a step-by-step plan, proven tools, and a community of like-minded dads who want to be a great dads: https://dadcentral.ca/dads/
7 STEP GUIDE TO STOP YELLING: Our guide is based on extensive research and experience working with parents just like you. We’ll guide you through each step, offering practical tips, strategies, and exercises to help you understand your triggers, improve your communication skills, and foster a more harmonious relationship with your children, ultimately becoming a more confident and effective dad: https://dadcentral.ca/7-step-guide-to-stop-yelling/