In this week’s episode of The Dad Central Show, we provide a replay of our most popular webinar from 2021 titled How to Stay Calm, Set Limits and Get Kids to Behave.
When kids misbehave or act out, yelling can sometimes feel like a very natural reaction. Research shows that not only is yelling at kids ineffective, but it can even have detrimental long-term effects on them. Despite our best intentions, calm parenting can sometimes be a real challenge to sustain.
This webinar featured peaceful parenting expert Sarah Rosensweet and fatherhood expert Brian Russell. Ed moderates a conversation that talks about the impact of yelling, how to manage ourselves and guide children to be healthy, positive and respectful.
As the conversation evolves Brian and Sarah speak from their personal and professional perspectives, distilling important themes about shame, fear, guilt and how that impacts us and our children.
As you listen, you’ll:
- Learn strategies to stay calm when kids misbehave
- Learn how to set positive limits for children to follow
- Learn to communicate clearly with children
- Get kids to listen and see them become happier
Listen to The Dad Central Show on:
About Sarah Rosensweet:
Sarah is a peaceful parenting coach and mom of 3 big kids (13, 16, and 19). Her and her husband have a great relationship with their kids. They genuinely enjoy each other’s company. They are independent, respectful, kind, funny and self-motivated.
How did they get there? Peaceful parenting.
Peaceful parenting is an approach that uses kind, firm limits with lots of empathy. We’re in charge but we give kids the support they need to meet our expectations. We emphasize connection and prioritize our relationship with our kids.
Because guess what? Our relationship is the most effective way we can influence our kids.
Links for Sarah:
- Website: https://www.sarahrosensweet.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/peacefulparentingcoach
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SarahRosensweet
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarahrosensweet/
About Brian Russell:
Brian Russell is a Christian counsellor and Registered Psychotherapist (Ontario) who focuses on conversations that encourage growth in personal understanding and faithful living in all our relationships.
- He is a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario and a member of the Canadian Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
- He is a Fatherhood Consultant for Dad Central Ontario.
- He has been married to Sheri since 1992 and they are blessed with three adult daughters
Link for Brian:
About The Dad Central Show:
Dads love to see their kids grow into confident and successful adults. The problem is most dads feel unsure how to get there and have nowhere to turn for help.
The Dad Central Show coaches you to be your best, while bringing out the best in your family.
Links for Dad Central:
The Dad Central Show: https://dadcentral.ca/podcast/
Contact us at [email protected]
The Dad Central Show is sponsored by Dove Men+Care. Dove Men+Care believes care is the best of a man, because when men care for themselves and others, there is a positive impact.