In this, our final episode of 2022 we talk with Geoff Girvitz, the owner of Bang Personal Fitness and creator of the Dad Strength Podcast. He’s married and has a six-year-old son.
At the age of 45 Geoff was diagnosed with ADHD. Since that time, he’s been working closely with men with ADHD to maximize their potential – recognizing that neurodiversity can give you a “superpower” when used well.
In the conversation we explore his early experiences with a father who hated noise and the adaptations it created in him, his fatherhood journey, the diagnosis of ADHD, and the creation of Dad Strength. Geoff approaches life by devising systems that simplify the complex into workable actions. His goals are to achieve a healthy balance of mind, body and soul.
Takeaways from the conversation include:
- How to navigate challenges without losing the ability to stay present
- How being diagnosed with ADHD freed him to recognize his true strengths
- Why autonomy, a sense of mastery and feelings of belonging are crucial to the role of fathers
Listen to The Dad Central Show on:
About Geoff Girvitz:
Geoff Girvitz is a movement and behaviour change expert who helps people improve their mental wellbeing and physical health through mindful exercise and lifestyle coaching.
He is the founder of Bang Personal Training—an innovative gym space in downtown Toronto—and Dad Strength—a resource for fathers to take better care of themselves so that they can take better care of the people they love.
Movement Is Meditation represents Geoff’s vision to leverage the tremendous power of exercise for mood, focus, and overall mental wellbeing. Geoff is married and has a six year old son.
Links for Geoff:
About The Dad Central Show:
Dads love to see their kids grow into confident and successful adults. The problem is most dads feel unsure how to get there and have nowhere to turn for help.
The Dad Central Show coaches you to be your best, while bringing out the best in your family.
Links for Dad Central:
- Website: https://dadcentral.ca
- The Dad Central Show: https://dadcentral.ca/podcast/
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/dadcentral
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/dadcentral_ont
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dadcentralontario
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dadcentral/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs2HyxB9nOLxyHvBMSo4TQQ
Contact us at [email protected]
The Dad Central Show is sponsored by Dove Men+Care. Dove Men+Care believes care is the best of a man, because when men care for themselves and others, there is a positive impact.